*In order to ensure ample space for working commuters, only children commuting by train may utilize the jitney service*
On May 22, 2017 there will be minor amendments to the Hilton & Maplecrest Jitney Routes; the changes can be found below:
New stops added to the Hilton Route are as follows:
- Stop 4: Indiana St. & Lexington Ave
- Stop 5: Millburn Ave. & Manley Ter.
- Stop 6: Valley St. & Broadview Ave
- Stop 7: Valley St. & Sommer Ave
Stops eliminated from the Hilton, and added to the Maplecrest Route:
- Rutgers St. & Franklin Ave
- Prospect St. & Hilton Ave
- Bowdoin St. & Prospect St.
- Bowdoin St. & Tuscan Rd.
New stops added to the Maplecrest Route are as follows:
- Stop 2: Rutgers St. & Franklin Ave.
- Stop 3: Prospect St. & Hilton Ave.
- Stop 4: Bowdoin St. & Prospect St.
- Stop 5: Bowdoin St. & Tuscan Rd.
Please note none of the existing jitney stops on the Maplecrest Route have been eliminated. The Maplecrest Jitney will continue to stop at Norfolk Ave. & Tuscan Rd., Ivy Terrace & Oakview Ave, and Madison Ave. & Summit Ave, after stop #5.
If you board the jitney at any of the stops being eliminated from the Hilton Route, continue to wait for the jitney at your usual stop; your new jitney will be the Maplecrest, which will pick you up from your usual location, beginning May 22nd. Please note pickup times have been altered to accommodate these route amendments.
Amended Hilton Jitney Route - Effective 5-22-17
Amended Maplecrest Jitney Route - Effective 5-22-17
This application can be processed in any of the following ways:
1. In person at the Office of the Township Clerk, 574 Valley Street on weekdays from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
2. By mail:Those applying for a parking or combo permit must include a copy of their Driver's License and Vehicle Registration along with their application. Those applying simply for a jitney pass need only provide proof of residency.
3. Put the application and payment in the locked mailbox in front of Town Hall.
Proof of Residency:
Valid New Jersey Driver's License
Valid New Jersey Insurance ID card
Tenant's Lease Agreement
Utility Bill with applicant's name
Cash, Check, or Money Order are the only accepted payment methods for Parking/Jitney/Combo passes. *Credit Cards cannot be accepted*
2017 Combo (Parking/Jitney)
2017 Commuter Parking Fee
2017 Jitney Pass
$2.00 cash each way - Pay on the Bus (exact amount, drivers do not make change)