The Maplewood Police Department is committed to a productive partnership with the community. In an effort to expand that partnership and provide more comprehensive services to the community, The Maplewood Police Department is initiating the Maplewood Neighborhood Video Alliance. This program encourages residents and businesses to register their privately owned home/business video surveillance in efforts to increase safety and reduce crime. The department recognizes that crimes can be committed at any place or time and that home/business video surveillance may have captured vital footage that could help solve crimes in our community. Knowledge regarding the location of a time-sensitive surveillance system in the area of a crime could be instrumental in a successful resolution.
There are several benefits to registering with the Maplewood Police Department, Maplewood Neighborhood Video Alliance. It expedites the retrieval of footage from surveillance systems close to the crime scene in an effort to uncover criminal activity. Additionally to allows residents to be contacted and share information in a more discreet manner. Please note that this program does not give police the ability to tap into any home or business surveillance feeds.
Your participation in the Maplewood Neighborhood Video Alliance always remains 100% voluntary and your personal information will be kept confidential and not for public dissemination. Only law enforcement personnel can view the surveillance footage. If video gathered from your security system is used in the apprehension and prosecution of suspect in a criminal case your name will not be public record and you will not be subpoenaed to testify in court. How it Works: Registration: This step is easy and takes just a few minutes to complete. You provide contact information and tell us where your cameras are located. There is no cost for registration. Confirmation: Once the application is completed, a member of The Maplewood Police Department who will follow up with you to confirm your information.
The Maplewood Police will only contact you if there is a criminal incident in the area of your security cameras. Police personnel may request a copy of any video captured by your cameras which may be pertinent to the investigation.
Terms and Conditions:
The Maplewood Neighborhood Video Alliance is created to partner up with our residents and businesses by working together as a team to combat criminal activity in your neighborhoods and business areas. By joining this program the registrants agree to the following Term and Conditions:
- Any video footage collected by The Maplewood Police Department relating to criminal activitymay be used in the investigation and as possible evidence.
- Video footage provided to The Maplewood Police Department is reserved for Official Use Only.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent/employee ofThe Maplewood Police Department through the Maplewood Neighborhood Video Alliance.
- When necessary The Maplewood Police Department will contact you directly using theinformation provided to obtain security camera footage.
- You agree not to release any video footage or still images to the media without consulting withThe Maplewood Police Department.