Saturday June 5th, 2021
Saturday September 18th, 2021
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Location: Recycling Center, 359 Boyden Avenue
The Bulk Drop Off program is a biannual recycling event that provides Maplewood Residents an opportunity to dispose of bulk items by bringing them to the Department of Public Works facility.
- This program is intended for the disposal of household bulk refuse including refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, furniture, etc.
- Regular waste collection will continue to be made by your contracted waste disposal companies.
- Proof of Maplewood residency must be provided before any materials are accepted. Please bring two forms of identification, one of which should contain a photo. Example: A valid driver’s license with your Maplewood address, and a utilities, tax, or sewer bill with your Maplewood address.
- Items are to be dropped off at the Public Works Facility only on the dates indicated above, under the following terms:
Absolutely no building/construction material will be accepted. Building material includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Sheetrock, concrete, plaster
- Dirt, scrap wood
- Siding, shingles or any roofing material
- Any doors, kitchen cabinets
- Decking windows, storm windows
- Any material associated with the remodeling or home/building alteration process
The following items are also NOT permitted:
- Car parts
- Paint or paint cans
- Trees, branches, or tree stumps
- Any electronic items
For disposal questions regarding any items or materials not approved for Maplewood Bulk Drop Off, please reach out to your private contracted waste disposal company.