The Recreation Department offers various programs geared towards adults. To register for programs, please click here.
We are never too old to learn new things. The Adult School of Maplewood/South Orange offers a vast variety of programs to enhance our knowledge. For info on the various programs at the school, click here.
Adult 30-And-Over Co-Ed Ultimate
Men and Women aged 30+ are welcome to participate in this low key, friendly pick-up game. The group meets Sunday mornings and Thursday evenings. For more information, please contact Program Coordinators Sarah McNamara or Tad Delk.
Adult Open Gym Basketball
For the child in us that doesn’t want to stop bouncing that ball. Sunday mornings provide you the opportunity to get up and down the court and re live those glory days. Open to Maplewood and South Orange residents, age 30 and up. Registration is required. Program runs for 10 weeks at the Maplewood Middle School Gym. Registration opens
Start Date: October 6
End Date: December 15
(no session 12/1)
To Register: : https://maplewood.recdesk.com/Community/Program
For more information, questions or concerns, please contact Program Director Coach Eddie Starzynski via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 2018 Group Lessons
Groups in each class will be grouped by ability
(Adult Beginner - Advanced Beginner) Beginner group will be for students with little or no experience playing tennis. Backhands, Volleys, and Serves are covered. Drills emphasize technique but include point play. Advanced Beginner groups will be for students with experience playing tennis. They are comfortable rallying and playing points. Emphasis is on stroke improvement toward improved match play. Doubles strategy is also covered.
- Classes meet Tuesdays 7:00 - 8:30PM or Thursdays 7:00pm - 8:30pm
- Maplewood Tennis is run by local tennis pro John Trinity. There are a variety of classes offered to accommodate all different ages and skill levels. Classes are held in the evenings at the Memorial Park Tennis courts on Valley Street.
- For specific class times or questions, please call the Recreation Department at (973) 763-4202 or go to www.maplewoodtennis.com.
Registration can be done by contacting the Recreation Office or online at: https://maplewood.recdesk.com/Community/Home
Maplewood International Folk Dancers
- Mondays 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm at the Burgdorff Cultural Center, located at 10 Durand Rd, Maplewood.
- Learn dances from many nations for healthy exercise and enjoyment. Partner not necessary
- For information please call Juliette Ratner at 973-376-7568
Millburn's Par 3 Golf Course
Millburn Township has once again opened it's Par 3 Golf Course up to its surrounding towns! As a resident of Maplewood, you are welcome to join the course. The course is open for play from April 1st- early November and is located at 335 White Oak Ridge Road in Short Hills.
Membership Fees: Unlimited- (play any time/any day) $180
Limited- (Tues-Fri, 10am-2pm) $90
Join with your child! Children ages 13-17 may now register as well for the Millburn Par 3 Golf Course.
Registration begins March 1st online at: http://register.communiytpass.net/millburn. For more information on the golf course, or to print out a registration form, please click the following link: Course Info/ Registration Form